Duration: Approx 2 hours
After a brief demonstration of welding you get to make simple designs in metal, for example hanging Christmas tree decorations.
• Drawing your design and making a cardboard template.
• Cutting out your design in metal using tin snips and a guillotine.
• Shaping/texturing the metal using hammers and chisels on an anvil or wooden block.
• Drilling holes, filing and cleaning the metal.
• Using the oxy acetylene welding equipment to melt edges, braze or heat for colour effect.